Thursday, June 16, 2011

The status of the Collective



Good News:
My Girl is the project that WCW_TL believes he is going to do after his break.
Iffy News:
I probably won't be the one to typeset and do all that other stuff for the My Girl.

What happened? Well, a few days ago I got drunk and I WAAAAAAY overreacted to a guy (I felt was) acting dickish towards me by acting extremely dickish towards him on /a/ and it spiraled out of control. As a result WCW_TL had to go into full on damage control mode and our working relationship currently is, well, a bit strained, but I don't believe to any major extent.

As a result he has expressed that he would rather work with someone else for My Girl in light of this incident and the fact that I've said previously that I would prefer working on Moyashimon and didn't particularly enjoy My Girl.

If Wcw_tl is going to be translating the same way we did Usagi Drop, than it is relatively simple for anyone with even slight knowledge of Photoshop (Like me when I first started Usagi Drop) to edit the image and text and anyone with a gmail account to create a blog to put it on when it's done. Just so you guys know, Baka-Updates doesn't accept any group without a site/IRC/Forum and doesn't count /a/ as one of those.

I'm sure this won't be a problem for My Girl, due to the surprisingly(to me anyway) high number of people who wants to see it done, but if no one typesets any of his My Girl translations after say a week or two, I'll probably typeset. But I'm sure most of you guys have photoshop skills. And even if you don't, the people on /a/ for the most part is surprisingly helpful to any translation projects.

Now what does this mean for Usagi Drop and hopefully Moyashimon? WCW_TL has expressed an interest at the very least to finish Usagi Drop with me, which is great. For Moyashimon he has said that if the 3rd Volume is released in the coming months, he probably won't do it, otherwise, he says he does intend to pick it up at a later time.

*For anyone interested in seeing me spiral out of control:
http://green-oval.net/cgi-board.pl/a/thread/50622918